Mr. Larry McIlvain
Dr. Steven Mancuso
High School Principal
Ms. Rhonda Isley
Middle School Principal
Ms. Diana O'Leary
Elementary School Principal
Students consistently list our teachers and the single most positive feature of our school. Our teachers are described as caring, challenging, positive, encouraging, inspirational and involved. Teachers at our school are required to be certified in their teaching area, have at least a Bachelor’s degree and have two years of experience. Teachers at ACS regularly participate in professional development to keep apprised of cutting edge research in teaching methodologies.
Quick facts about ACS Teachers
- We boast a total of 58 certified teachers.
- Our teacher to student ratio is 1:9.
- 78% of our teachers hold a Master’s Degree.
- We have a high teacher retention rate with a low turnover per year.
- Over half our teachers are US citizens.
- Our maximum class size is 22 with specialist classes as small as 4.
- Teachers at ACS have taught in over 40 international schools.
- Our Arabic teachers are part of a consortium of regional teachers participating in a pilot program for Arabic instruction.